Throwing a bridal shower? Want to keep it lively and within a three hour time frame, no matter how many guests are invited? Then try the fabulous “Display Shower” – you’ll love the ease and your guests will love the party!
Fun yet efficient, the “Display Shower” is a dream come to true for the bride, hostess and the guests. Essentially, guests bring unwrapped gifts which are put on display in a closed-off room, with a big reveal at dessert time!
Beautifully simple just follow the 5 easy steps below:
1. Very important: On the invitation politely request unwrapped gifts and include a gift tag. For inspiration, here’s a fun little rhyme:
“Tradition is changing and showers are too, so here’s an idea we’re hoping you do.
Bring your gift without paper or a bag, simply use a bow and the enclosed tag.
An unwrapped present is just as sweet, and will save more time to mingle and eat.
We’ll display your thoughtful gifts for all to see, then relax and honor the Bride-To-Be!”
2. You’ll need a room for the gifts that can be visually closed-off so as not to distract guests from food, drinks, and mingling. Decorate the room with nice linens, flowers and staggered heights to give it a boutique feel.
3. You’ll also need 1 or 2 dedicated displayers who’ll greet guests, receive their gifts (making sure they are identified with a pretty gift tag) and beautifully display the gifts in the “boutique.”
4. After an hour or so of food and drink the bride and hostess(es) visit the gift room. The bride has this time to absorb and enjoy all the wonderful gifts. It’s a perfect photo opportunity as well!
5. At dessert time, guests are invited to visit the gift room. This gives the bride an opportunity to thank each guest, giving each a sense that their gift was seen and appreciated. (Hint: Serve “stand up” mini desserts for ease of mix and mingling.)
Want to make your shower even more care-free and memorable? Consider hiring a caterer with design experience. Give Pattie the Event Goddess at All Occasions a call today!
Book Now: (585) 244-2870